Legal Assistant, Private Client & Commercial – Tring Office
We are seeking a Legal Assistant to provide support in our Tring Office. This role is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate seeking to gain exposure and legal experience in different areas of legal work.
- Open and close client files and ledgers.
- Provide professional and competent legal advice and services.
- The opportunity to generate fee income in accordance with set targets.
- Prepare quotations.
- Assist clients in completing instructions forms.
- Prepare financial statements and bills.
- Reconcile accounts.
- Audio typing of documents and correspondence.
- Meet and greet clients.
- Receive and make telephone calls on behalf of fee earners, taking messages when necessary.
- Book appointments for clients and management of electronic diaries (and send confirmatory email or letter of appointment and documents to be brought to meeting to clients).
- General Office Administration duties.
- Deal with clients and other appropriate authorities by telephone as required.
- Collate legal documents for external use e.g. Court bundles etc.
- Draw cheques/pay in cheques and cash and BACS.
- Assist colleagues in the team and other departments during absence and periods of increased work load.
- Abide by the Firm’s policies and procedures as set out in the Office Manual, Employee Handbook and associated documents.
- Comply with all supervisory checks and systems which are imposed and laid down by the Firm’s
- Quality System and Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks and duties as may be requested.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Fast, accurate typing skills.
- Experience gained supporting fee earners preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal, client service and team working skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills – including digital dictation and experience of case management systems where necessary.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), grade C and above (desirable).
Our firm is established and has a reputation for providing top quality legal services to many local businesses and private clients. Client care is our top priority. This reputation means the firm has an impressive and diverse base of local and regional clients, including a range of businesses and organisations resulting in the firm handling high-quality work.
What sets our firm apart is not only the good quality work and team environment, but also the great work/life balance on offer here. We are committed to helping all our staff fulfil career ambitions and we strive to create an environment where each individual can understand and then achieve their full potential.
The Tring office is in an enviable position on the high street and enjoys all the benefits of a market town location. It offers a great working environment including many local eateries and cafe’s on it’s doorstep.
If you are interested in this role please email an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 30th June 2018