Legal Assistant, Residential Property – Tring Office
We are seeking a Legal Assistant for a mixture of work to support the Residential Property team in Tring.
- Opening/closing files
- Providing verbal and written quotes for Sale and Purchase
- Dealing with enquiries on sale files
- Preparing search report letters
- Producing exchange letters on sale and purchase files
- Preparing sale and purchase files for completion
- Completions of sale and purchase files
- Post completion work – dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty, registration formalities following completion, dealing with requisitions raised by the Land Registry and queries from lenders
- Providing cover on Reception as required
- Assisting with Conveyancing Assistant duties during absence and periods of high work load
- To assist colleagues in fee earning matters during absence and periods of high work load
- Making and receiving telephone calls on behalf of other members of the team
- To abide by the Firm’s policies and procedures as set out in the Office Manual, Employee Handbook and other associated documents.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required
Required skills, Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in Residential Conveyancing work
- Possess excellent IT skills
- Experience of case management systems preferred
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Be enthusiastic and reliable
- Demonstrate high standards of customer service
- Have excellent organisational skills
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), grade C and above (desirable).
Our firm is established and has a reputation for providing quality legal services to many local businesses and private clients. Client care is our top priority. This reputation means the firm has an impressive and diverse base of local and regional clients, including a range of businesses and organisations resulting in the firm handling high-quality work.
What sets our firm apart is not only the good quality work and team environment, but also the great work/life balance on offer here. We are committed to helping all our staff fulfil career ambitions and we strive to create an environment where each individual can understand and then achieve their full potential.
The Tring office is in an enviable position on the high street and enjoys all the benefits of a market town location. It offers a great working environment including many local eateries and cafe’s on it’s doorstep.
If you are interested in this role please email an up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July 2018