Solicitor/Licensed Conveyancer, Residential Property – Milton Keynes
We are seeking a Residential Property Solicitor or CILEX/CLC qualified Conveyancer with a minimum of five years post qualification experience in residential property.
The position will be based in our Milton Keynes office.
The successful candidate will manage a team handling a varied caseload including freehold and leasehold conveyancing, sales, purchases, remortgages, transfers of equity, Rights To Buy, Shared Ownership Schemes and lease extensions.
Good business contacts in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire or Hertfordshire would be a distinct advantage.
- to provide professional and competent legal advice and services in accordance with the SRA Code of Conduct
- to generate fee income in accordance with agreed targets
- to operate effectively within financial guidelines with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures
- to participate in business development events
- to assist in developing new services, as and when required
- to assist colleagues in fee earning matters during absence and periods of high work load
- to abide by the Firm’s policies and procedures as set out in the Office Manual, Employee Handbook and associated documents
- to delegate and contribute to the development of others, where appropriate e.g. Legal Assistants
- to keep knowledge and skills up to date and to comply with all training requirements required by the position
- to carry out any other reasonable tasks and duties as may be requested.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- at least five years previous conveyancing experience
- excellent technical ability
- able to demonstrate good networking skills
- experience of running own caseload
- managing a small team
- demonstrable ability to meet targets
- excellent IT skills with the ability to do own typing
- be able to handle matters from pre-exchange, to exchange, to completion and post completion
- excellent inter-personal, customer service and team working skills
- ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- excellent organisational skills
If you are interested in this role please email an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 30th April 2017
Job Ref: ConSolMKwb0317