Secretary/Legal Assistant, Private Client & Commercial – Milton Keynes
We are seeking a Secretary/Legal Assistant to provide support to the Private Client and Commercial teams. This role is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate seeking to gain exposure and legal experience in different areas of legal work.
- Open and close client files and ledgers.
- Provide professional and competent legal advice and services.
- The opportunity to generate fee income in accordance with set targets.
- Prepare quotations.
- Assist clients in completing instructions forms.
- Prepare financial statements and bills.
- Reconcile accounts.
- Audio typing of documents and correspondence.
- Meet and greet clients.
- Receive and make telephone calls on behalf of fee earners, taking messages when necessary.
- Book appointments for clients and management of electronic diaries (and send confirmatory email or letter of appointment and documents to be brought to meeting to clients).
- General Office Administration duties.
- Deal with clients and other appropriate authorities by telephone as required.
- Collate legal documents for external use e.g. Court bundles etc.
- Draw cheques/pay in cheques and cash and BACS.
- Assist colleagues in the team and other departments during absence and periods of increased work load.
- Abide by the Firm’s policies and procedures as set out in the Office Manual, Employee Handbook and associated documents.
- Comply with all supervisory checks and systems which are imposed and laid down by the Firm’s Quality System and Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks and duties as may be requested.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Fast, accurate typing skills.
- Experience gained supporting Private Client and Commercial fee earners preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal, client service and team working skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent IT skills – including digital dictation and experience of case management systems where necessary.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), grade C and above (desirable).
If you are interested in this role (or can recommend suitable candidates) please email an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 31st May 2018.