Solicitor, 5-8yrs PQE, Wills, Trusts & Probate – Luton/Milton Keynes
We are seeking, ideally, a 5-8 years’ PQE Solicitor to join our Wills, Trusts and Probate Department.
Based in the Luton and Milton Keynes offices, the successful candidate will enjoy a broad mix of work including drafting Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Trust Deeds, administering estates and advising clients in relation to probate matters, administering trusts and preparing Trust Accounts and dealing with Court of Protection applications.
This provides an excellent opportunity not only to join a busy team but to make a move which will allow for career progression within a leading regional law firm.
- appropriate experience and excellent technical ability in the relevant discipline
- experience of dealing with a caseload, under supervision
- experience of participating in business development and networking activities
- demonstrable ability to meet targets and set own targets
- excellent interpersonal, customer service and team working skills
- ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- excellent organisational skills
- excellent IT skills
- to provide professional and competent legal advice and services ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct
- to generate fee income in accordance with agreed targets
- to operate effectively within financial guidelines with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures
- to participate in business development events
- to develop any agreed new services, as and when required
- to abide by the Firm’s policies and procedures as set out in the Office Manual, Employee Handbook and associated documents
- to supervise client matters and undertake regular file reviews
- to regularly monitor central registers, key dates, undertakings etc.,
- to keep knowledge and skills up to date and to comply with all training requirements required by the position
- to carry out any other reasonable tasks and duties as may be requested
If you are interested in this role (or can recommend suitable candidates) please email an up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2019.