Solicitor, 2-3yrs PQE, Family – Tring Office
We are seeking, ideally, a 2-3 years’ PQE Solicitor to join our successful and busy Family Department.
Based in the Tring office, the successful candidate will enjoy a broad mix of work with a bias towards financial proceedings under the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973. Pictons do not undertake any legal aid work and so the candidate will be carrying out 100% private client work.
The candidate will be supported by two partners within the department, as well as two other fee earners and two secretaries.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a busy department, but to also join an experienced and dynamic team.
- appropriate experience and excellent technical ability in the relevant discipline
- experience of dealing with a caseload, under supervision
- experience of participating in business development and networking activities
- demonstrable ability to meet targets and set own targets
- excellent interpersonal, customer service and team working skills
- ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- excellent organisational skills
- excellent IT skills
- to provide professional and competent legal advice and services ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct
- to generate fee income in accordance with agreed targets
- to operate effectively within financial guidelines with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures
- to participate in business development events
- to develop any agreed new services, as and when required
- to abide by the Firm’s policies and procedures as set out in the Office Manual, Employee Handbook and associated documents
- to supervise client matters and undertake regular file reviews
- to regularly monitor central registers, key dates, undertakings etc.,
- to keep knowledge and skills up to date and to comply with all training requirements required by the position
- to carry out any other reasonable tasks and duties as may be requested
If you are interested in this role please email an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 31st July 2018