Business Dispute Solicitors
Boardroom or shareholder disputes, involving the ownership or governance of businesses, threaten not only the investments and livelihoods of those involved but also everyone employed by the business concerned. If such situations are allowed to escalate, matters can quickly become acrimonious and will eventually have a major impact on the business.
The law regulating shareholders’ and directors’ activities is complex, imposing significant duties on directors in terms of how they manage a company and; in some circumstances, directors can be personally liable.
Our litigation team can quickly get to the core of any business dispute issue and set out the various options that are available. We have extensive experience in all aspects of business disputes and our specialist team have advised on such issues as:
- Directors fiduciary duties (for example, the duty to act in good faith in the best interests of the company)
- Derivative claims (claims brought by shareholders on behalf of a company)
- Directors’ disqualification
- Share purchase/pre-emption rights
- Minority rights
- Personal liability/exemption of liability
- Guarantees over the matrimonial home
- Shadow Directors
- Corporate manslaughter
- Rights and duties of partners
Wherever possible, we use our experience in negotiation and mediation to resolve disputes as professionally and effectively as possible without having to resort to the Courts. If a negotiated settlement cannot be reached however, we will skillfully guide and assist you throughout any litigation process, either by issuing or defending a claim.