Other Family Services

We can help you with a wide range of other family services.

These can include:

Injunctions are orders made by the court to provide protection to an individual who is at risk of either physical or verbal harm. Injunctions are often made when one party is seen to ‘harass’ another party, whether by text or email, attending their property uninvited, telephone calls, stalking, on social media etc.

An injunction order can prohibit a person from contacting you or coming to a certain place such as a home or school.  Breach of an injunction is a criminal offence and can result in the person responsible receiving a jail sentence depending on the severity of the breach.~

Occupation Orders prohibit a person occupying a property, or can regulate their occupation of a property.  Upon separation or relationship break down, if both parties either own a property or have a tenancy over a property, both remain equally entitled to remain in the property. This is obviously not an ideal situation and can lead to additional tension between the two parties.

The court can make an order excluding one party from the property for a specified time, usually 6-12 months.  The court may make such order if there is violence or harassment. This does not impact upon a person’s beneficial entitlement to a property, only to their right to occupy it.

Change of Names Deeds are documents drawn up to change a person’s name. The Deed is a legally binding document which automatically changes a person’s name and can be provided to a bank, passport office, the DVLA etc as evidence of change of name.

Parental Responsibility Agreements provide a person with parental responsibility over a child. A person with parental responsibility can make welfare decisions on behalf of a child, such as consent to medical treatment, decisions on choosing a school etc. Parental responsibility is acquired automatically by a child’s mother at the time of birth and by the father provided he is on the child’s birth certificate. It is possible to provide parental responsibility to a father not named on a birth certificate or to a step parent by entering into a parental responsibility agreement to ensure all those with care of a child are able to be fully involved in decision making on issues of the child’s welfare.

Statutory Declarations are legal declarations of truth.  They are used in a variety of circumstances and are often requested by banks of other organisations. Common scenarios in which a statutory declaration is requested include in order to declare a person’s financial position for the purpose of obtaining a student loan or declaration as to their marital status to confirm that they are free to marry abroad etc.